facebook twitter instagram linkedin google youtube vimeo tumblr yelp rss email podcast blog search brokercheck brokercheck
%POST_TITLE% Thumbnail

A better way to track your TFSA contribution room

Do you know exactly how much contribution room you have remaining in your Tax-free Savings Account (TFSA) or Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)? If you do not know, then there is a possibility that your next contribution could put you over the limit. This is a mistake that could have you facing a significant fine from the CRA.

We want to make it easier for you to maximize your Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) and your Tax-Free Savings Accounts (TFSAs) in the coming years. 

For the past 4 years we have not been able to see how much contribution room you have available to you on our system. Instead we have had to ask all of our clients to reach out to the CRA to find out this information, and it is an extra step that you won’t need to take in the future.

There is a government form that will allow us to see your TFSA and RRSP room, along with tax information that will make our advice that much more focused to your individual situation. This form is called the T-1013 – Add or Change a Representative.

This is a totally optional service for you and your family, should you choose to use it though it will give us a lot of insight and information of how we can best help your family grow your wealth and save money on your taxes.

If you wish to make use of this new service, please click on the following link (or copy and paste it into your browser): 


Print it off, fill in “Part 1” and sign/date in “Part 5” of the document and mail it off to:

Winnipeg Tax Centre

Post Office Box 14000,

Station Main

Winnipeg MB R3C 3M2

If you want us to mail it for you or don’t have access to a printer, simply stop by the office and we will have the form ready for you.

Let us know if you have any questions, but we are always looking for ways to make our clients lives easier.

Call 403.220.9808